Wednesday, October 10, 2007

For a Good Time, IM Cecilia!


Cecilia and I IM'd through Googlechat. We discovered that it's better to be doing something else at the same time, rather than sit around waiting for the other person's response. Patrons must be helped, afterall. Now here's a thought: if each department had someone on chat, we could ask them questions about the patrons, without the patrons knowing! For example, last night I had a disgruntled patron with a complaint about a reserve item. If I could have IM'd someone in Circ about the reserve without the patron knowing, I might have. I mean, it might have clarified the situation. I don't mean I'm devious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Or, we could e-mail other co-workers with complaints about said patron. Of course, none of us would ever do that!