Tuesday, October 2, 2007

beginning again


October 2nd

I have put Voltaire and Mary Oliver aside for the moment and begun reading The Samurai's Garden in anticipation of Tsukiyama's visit to the library next week. I am almost finished listening to Straight Man by Russo and Postmortem by P. Cornwell. Russo has made me laugh out loud once or twice. Cornwell's descriptions of sadistic killings are too much for me. I want to know who the killer is so I stick with it, and I enjoy the suspense, but man, the graphic details are horrific. Who can eat a steady diet of this stuff?! Give me garlic any day. Which makes no sense, I realize, since books and food are two different things....but....both are part of a healthy diet, so to speak.

4 comments:

rich said...

i like that pic. did you find it randomly or do you somehow know that guy?

Lukie said...

That's me, silly. Okay, not.
Random--is anything really random? Or rather, isn't everything random?
Consider the clam....

Anonymous said...

Russo rocks! I'm about 75 pages into BRIDGE OF SIGHS (his latest) and I'm loving it. Try THE RISK POOL. That's one of my favs by him. GREAT! Not as funny as SM but a great novel.

Lukie said...

Risk Pool is going on my list--#2,047--of books I must read. Thanks! : )