Friday, November 23, 2007

More on #9, some on #10

Googletools is great. I started a calendar and love the translation options. Much to explore there.
As for Skokie website, it is very extensive. After 4 years of working here, and with continual changes and upgrades, I'm still making discoveries. Since I mostly use the catalog, I do sometimes find myself wishing something or other was a little different, for ease of use, however. For example, it would be so nice if, instead of an "audiovisual" search, you could specify, right from the start, sound or visual search, a la Worldcat. It would also be enormously helpful if the original release date were included for movie listings, what with all the remakes and subsequent confusion. I know there's a reason for not doing this, I just wish there was a way around it. Two dates? And when you're searching through a long list and go into the record for one, and then back to your list, wouldn't it be nice if you could go back to where you left off instead of the beginning of the whole darn thing? I don't do web design, so maybe I'm asking for the impossible.
I downloaded a book onto Sharon's office computer when we first started with it. I haven't again, mostly because I have a Macintosh at home and can't. It's very frustrating!
So, none of the people I sent my googledoc to have responded. Is it me?
↔ ! X ♀ ♪ ☺ ☻ ♥ ♣ ♠ • ○ ♂ ↕
Someone posted the way to access these symbols on delicious. Very cool! Thankyou, Whoever.

No comments: