Friday, November 30, 2007

7 Up

The games up, folks. I completed #7 and I'm finito! Podcasting is easy and can be very useful. I listened to a couple of the libvibes, daily news reports all library-related. For example, the news of the rioting Parisian students burning down a public library (that had just added new DVD and CD collections--how sad!), and the progress of the Google digitization project (7,000 books a day are being scanned!). I also listened to a story on NPR's stories on stage. I often miss NPR broadcasts but I've never taken the initiative to learn how to podcast. Now I know. As for libraries using podcasting, well I guess the answer is that it makes sense since people live in front of their computers and if they have the choice to listen to updates or stream for author interviews & such, many people will probably do it.

No comments: